Ultimaker S3 3D Printer
Powerful, Professional 3D Printing
The new Ultimaker S3 delivers high-quality, composite-ready performance – in an efficiently compact size. Packed with our latest technology, it is as easy to use as it is powerful, offering the most cost-effective way for disruptive businesses to adopt in-house 3D printing.
Key Features & Benefits
24/7 capacity. Always-on productivity
Composite-ready dual extrusion
Advanced auto bed leveling
Award-winning touchscreen interface
Compatible with over 110 materials
The Ultimaker S3 features next-generation reliability. Ultimaker takes pride in its reliability and the S3 lives up to these expectations. The Ultimaker S3 comes with a stiff build platform, a heated build plate, advanced active bed leveling, and more accurate stepper drivers. This gives you the highest print quality in its class. These features, combined with Ultimaker's class leading build quality, give you a printer that is sturdy, reliable, and reduces time spent trying to find problems.
On every level, the Ultimaker S3 is Ultimaker's most accessible 3D printer yet. Start creating the parts and models you need using any filament, from any desktop, as part of any workflow, and quickly achieve ROI.
Easy to Use
The Ultimaker S3 was designed so that anyone can achieve high-quality results after a 30-minute introduction. Its award-winning touch interface, quick-swap print cores, and predefined print settings enable rapid changeovers and reduce operator time needed.
3 Easy Steps to Transform your Workflow
1. Prepare Your Model
Import from CAD, choose your material, slice with optimized settings, and remotely send your print job – all in a few clicks.
2. Start 3D Printing
Get on with your work, knowing the Ultimaker S3 is reliable and safe for unattended use.
3. Use Your Part
Create prototypes, tools, and parts with almost any mechanical properties – thanks to world-leading material compatibility.
Trusted by the World's Leading Brands
What Ultimaker's Partners Say
"Last year, we produced around 1,000 different 3D printed parts. The benefits of these are improved ergonomics, productivity, and operator satisfaction. In the end, we get very good feedback from the operators working on the line."
Luis Pascoa, Pilot Plant Manager at Volkswagen Autoeuropa
"So far in the pilots that have ran, we've significantly seen a cost reduction in the functional applications that we've found from 70 - 90%. On delivery time we've seen the same decrease."
Isabelle Haenen, Global Supply Chain Procurement at Heineken
"We chose Ultimaker because the machines are reliable and the results are repeatable. That's important for us, for a stable production process."
Johannes Grimm, Manager Operation Excellence at Carl Zeiss Optical Components
"If you compare our 3D printed tools to conventionally manufactured tools, we can easily save approximately €1,000 per tool, which is of course a lot when you consider all the tools which are needed to produce a vehicle."
Raphael Koch, Research Engineer R&A at Ford Europe
Compare Ultimaker's 3D Printers
|Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle||Ultimaker S5||Ultimaker S3||Ultimaker 2+ Connect|
|Heated Build Plate||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Swappable Print Cores||✓||✓||✓|
|Filament Flow Sensor||✓||✓||✓|
|Composite and Metal Compatibility||✓||✓||✓|
|Largest Build Volume||✓||✓|
|Automatic Material Handling||✓|
- Build Volume: 230 x 190 x 200 mm (9 x 7.4 x 7.9")
- Assembled Dimensions: 394 x 489 x 637 mm (15.5 x 19.3 x 25.1")
- Printing Technology: Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
- Compatible Filament Diameter: 2.85 mm
- Weight: 14.4 kg (31.7 lbs)
- Power Input: 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Maximum Power Output: 350W
- 0.25 mm nozzle: 150 - 60 micron
- 0.4 mm nozzle: 200 - 20 micron
- 0.6 mm nozzle: 300 - 20 micron
- 0.8 mm nozzle: 600 - 20 micron
- XYZ Resolution: 6.9, 6.9, 2.5 micron
- Feeder Type: Dual-geared feeder, reinforced for composite materials
- Display: 4.7-inch (11.9 cm) color touchscreen
- Print Core Replacement: Swappable print cores
- Print Head: Dual extrusion print head with an auto-nozzle lifting system and swappable print cores
- Nozzle Diameters: 0.25 mm, 0.4 mm, 0.6 mm, 0.8 mm
- Build Speed: < 24 mm³/s
- Nozzle Temperature: 180 - 280°C
- Nozzle Heat-Up Time: < 2 minutes
- Operating Sound: < 50 dBA
- Build Plate Leveling: Advanced Active Leveling
- Build Plate: 20 - 140°C heated glass build plate
- Build Plate Heat-Up Time: < 4 minutes (from 20 to 60°C)
- Operating Ambient Temperature: 15 - 32 °C (59 - 90 °F)
- Non-Operating Temperature: 0 - 32 °C (32 - 90 °F)
Supplied Free Software:
- Ultimaker Cura - Print Preparation Software
- Ultimaker Digital Factory - Printer Management Software
- Supported OS: MacOS, Windows, Linux
- Plugin Integration: SolidWorks, Siemens NX, Autodesk Inventor
Supported File Types:
- Ultimaker Cura: STL, OBJ, X3D, 3MF, BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG
- Printable formats: G, GCODE, GCODE.gz, UFP
- File Transfer: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB
Service & Support
- Training is available online or via our dedicated network of local service partners.
- Register your Ultimaker S3 for a free, online setup and onboarding tutorial in the Ultimaker 3D Printing Academy.
- Included Warranty Period: 12 months (Upgradable with purchase of extended service plan)
- Expert Support: Market-leading technical support via email, phone, or from our global community is available to you in your language and time zone.
- Extended Support: Online resources, extensive manuals, material technical and safety data sheets (in multiple languages), a detailed knowledge base, and much more.
- Information: Learn about Ultimaker S3 safety and compliance
How Does it Work?
Free On-Demand Product Demo
Discover just how easy the Ultimaker S3 is to use with a full hardware overview and design-to-print workflow demonstration. You will also learn:
- Who the Ultimaker S3 was designed for
- Every feature that makes the printer so powerful
- The untold strategy behind key design decisions
- And lots more!
Transform Your Business
With the Ultimaker 3D Printing Platform
The Ultimaker S3 3D Printer gives you access to the entire Ultimaker ecosystem, including:
- Ultimaker Essentials (unending enterprise software subscription)
- Ultimaker Cura (full settings and monitoring compatibility)
- Ultimaker Digital Factory (remote printing and management)
- Ultimaker 3D Printing Academy (e-learning modules)
- A global network of service partners (setup and training)
The Widest Material Choice on the Market
Choosing the right material is critical to the success of your 3D print. Ultimaker's open filament system lets you print with any 2.85 mm filament, and print profiles from the Ultimaker Marketplace streamline print preparation and maximize your print success rate.
Ultimaker Product Number: 216932