Key Features & Benefits
Workhorse Reliability for Simple Applications
Single extrusion with swappable nozzles
Cloud-enabled remote 3D printing
Filter up to 95% of UFPs (optional)
Print with 9 materials (including PP & PC)
At home or in the office, sending print jobs to the Ultimaker 2+ Connect is a breeze. Via Wi-Fi or Ethernet, cloud 3D printing allows remote file transfer with added security from anywhere in the world.
There's nothing better than waking up to a successful print. Thanks to a stiffer build platform and rigorously tested material profiles, you can trust the Ultimaker 2+ Connect to print reliably overnight or over the weekend.
Advanced Filament Compatibility
For every action, the 2.4" color touchscreen gives you intuitive control and step-by-step assistance. Changing material, adjusting the build plate, or checking your print status are just a tap away.
With a hardware installation that takes minutes and on-screen guidance at every step, setting up the Ultimaker 2+ Connect is easy. It also features a more ergonomic feeder lever and improved assisted bed leveling.
The Ultimaker 2+ Connect requires little attention. Less than 20 minutes per month. Anybody can perform maintenance without the need for special tools.
3 Easy Steps to Transform your Workflow
1. Prepare Your Model
Import from CAD, choose your material, slice with optimized settings, and remotely send your print job – all in a few clicks.
2. Start 3D Printing
Get on with your work, knowing the Ultimaker 2+ Connect is reliable and safe for unattended use.
3. Use Your Part
Create prototypes, tools, and parts with almost any mechanical properties – thanks to world-leading material compatibility.
Complete the Bundle
Upgrade to Filter 95% of UFPs
Combining the Ultimaker 2+ Connect with the Air Manager gives you full environmental control of the 3D printing process. Using the air manager allows you to passively heat the build chamber and filter up to 95% of ultrafine particles, creating a safer working environment.
Trusted by the World's Leading Brands
What Ultimaker's Partners Say
"Last year, we produced around 1,000 different 3D printed parts. The benefits of these are improved ergonomics, productivity, and operator satisfaction. In the end, we get very good feedback from the operators working on the line."
Luis Pascoa, Pilot Plant Manager at Volkswagen Autoeuropa
"So far in the pilots that have ran, we've significantly seen a cost reduction in the functional applications that we've found from 70 - 90%. On delivery time we've seen the same decrease."
Isabelle Haenen, Global Supply Chain Procurement at Heineken
"We chose Ultimaker because the machines are reliable and the results are repeatable. That's important for us, for a stable production process."
Johannes Grimm, Manager Operation Excellence at Carl Zeiss Optical Components
"If you compare our 3D printed tools to conventionally manufactured tools, we can easily save approximately €1,000 per tool, which is of course a lot when you consider all the tools which are needed to produce a vehicle."
Raphael Koch, Research Engineer R&A at Ford Europe
Compare Ultimaker's 3D Printers
|Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle||Ultimaker S5||Ultimaker S3||Ultimaker 2+ Connect|
|Heated Build Plate||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Swappable Print Cores||✓||✓||✓|
|Filament Flow Sensor||✓||✓||✓|
|Composite and Metal Compatibility||✓||✓||✓|
|Largest Build Volume||✓||✓|
|Automatic Material Handling||✓|
- Build Volume: 223 x 220 x 205 mm (8.7 x 8.6 x 8")
- Assembled Dimensions: 342 x 460 x 580 mm (13.5 x 18.1 x 22.8")
- Printing Technology: Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
- Compatible Filament Diameter: 2.85 mm
- Weight: 10.3 kg (22.7 lbs)
- Power Input: 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Maximum Power Output: 221W
- 0.25 mm nozzle: 150 - 60 micron
- 0.4 mm nozzle: 200 - 20 micron
- 0.6 mm nozzle: 400 - 20 micron
- 0.8 mm nozzle: 600 - 20 micron
- XYZ Resolution: 12.5, 12.5, 5 micron
- Feeder Type: Geared feeder
- Display: 2.4-inch (6 cm) TFT color touchscreen
- Print Head: Single extrusion with swappable nozzle and dual cooling fans
- Nozzle Diameters: 0.25 mm, 0.4 mm, 0.6 mm, 0.8 mm
- Build Speed: < 24 mm³/s
- Nozzle Temperature: 180 - 260°C
- Nozzle Heat-Up Time: < 2 minutes
- Operating Sound: < 50 dBA
- Build Plate Leveling: Assisted Leveling
- Build Plate: 20 - 110°C heated glass build plate
- Operating Ambient Temperature: 15 - 32 °C (59 - 90 °F)
- Non-Operating Temperature: 0 - 32 °C (32 - 90 °F)
Supplied Free Software:
- Ultimaker Cura - Print Preparation Software
- Ultimaker Digital Factory - Printer Management Software
- Supported OS: MacOS, Windows, Linux
- Plugin Integration: SolidWorks, Siemens NX, Autodesk Inventor
Supported File Types:
- Ultimaker Cura: STL, OBJ, X3D, 3MF, BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG
- Printable formats: UFP
- File Transfer: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB
Service & Support
- Training is available online or via our dedicated network of local service partners.
- Register your Ultimaker 2+ Connect for a free, online setup and onboarding tutorial in the Ultimaker 3D Printing Academy.
- Included Warranty Period: 12 months (Upgradable with purchase of extended service plan)
- Expert Support: Market-leading technical support via email, phone, or from our global community is available to you in your language and time zone.
- Extended Support: Online resources, extensive manuals, material technical and safety data sheets (in multiple languages), a detailed knowledge base, and much more.
- Certification: CE, Declaration of safe unattended use
- Information: Learn about Ultimaker S5 safety and compliance
How Does it Work?
Free On-Demand Product Demo
Explore the tech behind the Ultimaker 2+ Connect with one of the R&D Engineers who created it. You will learn:
- Every hardware feature and its performance benefits
- How the printer's connectivity enables a more seamless workflow
- The thinking behind key design decisions
- And lots more!
Transform Your Business
With the Ultimaker 3D Printing Platform
The Ultimaker 2+ Connect gives you access to the entire Ultimaker ecosystem, including:
- Ultimaker Essentials (unending enterprise software subscription)
- Ultimaker Cura (full settings and monitoring compatibility)
- Ultimaker Digital Factory (remote printing and management)
- Ultimaker 3D Printing Academy (e-learning modules)
- A global network of service partners (setup and training)
The Widest Material Choice on the Market
Choosing the right material is critical to the success of your 3D print. Ultimaker's open filament system lets you print with any 2.85 mm filament, and print profiles from the Ultimaker Marketplace streamline print preparation and maximize your print success rate.
Ultimaker Product Number: 222631