Ultimaker S5 3D Printer
Expand your 3D Printing Ambitions
Limited Time Deal
Get a FREE 3 Year Enhanced Service Plan + 50% Off a PVA Removal Station with the purchase of an UltiMaker S5. Up to $2,087 Off. Offer ends, 12/31/23.
Ultimaker's flagship 3D printer offers reliable dual extrusion on a larger scale. Create functional prototypes, production tools, and strong end-use parts made from advanced polymers and composite materials – thanks to tested, predefined print settings. The Ultimaker S5 also features advanced active leveling, filament flow sensors, and an intuitive touchscreen to make your 3D printing experience simpler and easier.
Key Features & Benefits
24/7 capacity. Always-on productivity
Composite-ready dual extrusion
330 x 240 x 300 mm build volume
Advanced auto bed leveling
Compatible with over 200 materials
With the Ultimaker S5's enhanced reliability, you can trust it to do its job right the first time, while you get back to work. With advanced active bed levelling, the S5 always lays down a perfect first layer. The Ultimaker S5's dual filament flow sensors will pause your print and notify you if you run out of material. These features, combined with Ultimaker's class leading build quality, give you a printer that is sturdy, reliable, and reduces time spent trying to find problems.
Larger Build Volume
The Ultimaker S5 boasts a large build volume of 330 x 240 x 300 mm (13 x 9.4 x 11.8"). Meet your demand with increased efficiency by printing larger parts or multiple smaller parts at once. The Ultimaker S5 gives you all this space to work while fitting comfortably on your desk or workstation.
Advanced Filament Compatibility
Ultimaker works tirelessly to work with the leading material manufacturers around the globe to provide Ultimaker users with pre-tuned settings for the best filament to meet your use-case. The Ultimaker S5 is an easy way to print with some of the world's most advanced filaments - including glass and carbon fiber composites.
3 Easy Steps to Transform your Workflow
1. Prepare Your Model
Import from CAD, choose your material, slice with optimized settings, and remotely send your print job – all in a few clicks.
2. Start 3D Printing
Get on with your work, knowing the Ultimaker S5 is reliable and safe for unattended use.
3. Use Your Part
Create prototypes, tools, and parts with almost any mechanical properties – thanks to world-leading material compatibility.
Complete the Bundle
Upgrade to 24/7 Productivity
Combining the Ultimaker S5 with the Air Manager, and Material Handling Station gives you full environmental control of the entire 3D printing process from start to end. Up to 6 rolls of filament can be stored and automatically managed in the Material Handling Station, controlling humidity to provide super reliable printing. Using the air manager also allows you to passively heat the build chamber and filter up to 95% of ultrafine particles, creating a safer working environment.
Trusted by the World's Leading Brands
What UltiMaker's Partners Say
"Last year, we produced around 1,000 different 3D printed parts. The benefits of these are improved ergonomics, productivity, and operator satisfaction. In the end, we get very good feedback from the operators working on the line."
Luis Pascoa, Pilot Plant Manager at Volkswagen Autoeuropa
"So far in the pilots that have ran, we've significantly seen a cost reduction in the functional applications that we've found from 70 - 90%. On delivery time we've seen the same decrease."
Isabelle Haenen, Global Supply Chain Procurement at Heineken
"We chose UltiMaker because the machines are reliable and the results are repeatable. That's important for us, for a stable production process."
Johannes Grimm, Manager Operation Excellence at Carl Zeiss Optical Components
"If you compare our 3D printed tools to conventionally manufactured tools, we can easily save approximately €1,000 per tool, which is of course a lot when you consider all the tools which are needed to produce a vehicle."
Raphael Koch, Research Engineer R&A at Ford Europe
Compare UltiMaker's 3D Printers
|Ultimaker S7 Pro Bundle||Ultimaker S7||Ultimaker S5||Ultimaker S3||Ultimaker 2+ Connect|
|Heated Build Plate||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Swappable Print Cores||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Filament Flow Sensor||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Composite and Metal Compatibility||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Largest Build Volume||✓||✓||✓|
|PEI Flex Plate||✓||✓|
|Inductive Senor Active Bed Leveling||✓||✓|
|Automatic Bed Tilt Compensation||✓||✓|
|Print Head Anti-flood Sensor||✓||✓|
|Automatic Material Handling||✓|
|Filament Humidity Control||✓|
- Build Volume: 330 x 240 x 300 mm (13 x 9.4 x 11.8")
- Assembled Dimensions: 495 x 585 x 780 mm (19.5 x 23 x 30.7 inches)
- Printing Technology: Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
- Compatible Filament Diameter: 2.85 mm
- Weight: 20.6 kg (45.4 lbs)
- Power Input: 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Maximum Power Output: 500W
- 0.25 mm nozzle: 150 - 60 micron
- 0.4 mm nozzle: 200 - 20 micron
- 0.6 mm nozzle: 300 - 20 micron
- 0.8 mm nozzle: 600 - 20 micron
- XYZ Resolution: 6.9, 6.9, 2.5 micron
- Feeder Type: Dual-geared feeder, reinforced for composite materials
- Display: 4.7-inch (11.9 cm) color touchscreen
- Print Core Replacement: Swappable print cores
- Print Head: Dual extrusion print head with an auto-nozzle lifting system and swappable print cores
- Nozzle Diameters: 0.25 mm, 0.4 mm, 0.6 mm, 0.8 mm
- Build Speed: < 24 mm³/s
- Nozzle Temperature: 180 - 280°C
- Nozzle Heat-Up Time: < 2 minutes
- Operating Sound: < 50 dBA
- Build Plate Leveling: Advanced Active Leveling
- Build Plate: 20 - 140°C heated glass build plate
- Build Plate Heat-Up Time: < 4 minutes (from 20 to 60°C)
- Operating Ambient Temperature: 15 - 30 °C (59 - 86 °F), up to 70% relative humidity
- Non-Operating Temperature: 0 - 32 °C (32 - 90 °F)
Supplied Free Software:
- Ultimaker Cura - Print Preparation Software
- Ultimaker Digital Factory - Printer Management Software
- Supported OS: MacOS, Windows, Linux
- Plugin Integration: SolidWorks, Siemens NX, Autodesk Inventor
Supported File Types:
- Ultimaker Cura: STL, OBJ, X3D, 3MF, BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG
- Printable formats: G, GCODE, GCODE.gz, UFP
- File Transfer: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB
Service & Support
- Training is available online or via our dedicated network of local service partners.
- Register your Ultimaker S5 for a free, online setup and onboarding tutorial in the Ultimaker 3D Printing Academy.
- Included Warranty Period: 12 months (Upgradable with purchase of extended service plan)
- Expert Support: Market-leading technical support via email, phone, or from our global community is available to you in your language and time zone.
- Extended Support: Online resources, extensive manuals, material technical and safety data sheets (in multiple languages), a detailed knowledge base, and much more.
- Certification: CE, FCC, VPAT, RoHS, REACH, CB, BIS, KC, PSE, RCM, SRRC, MIC, NCC, Safe unattended professional use
- Information: Learn about Ultimaker S5 safety and compliance
Transform Your Business
With the Ultimaker 3D Printing Platform
The Ultimaker S5 3D Printer gives you access to the entire Ultimaker ecosystem, including:
- Ultimaker Essentials (unending enterprise software subscription)
- Ultimaker Cura (full settings and monitoring compatibility)
- Ultimaker Digital Factory (remote printing and management)
- Ultimaker 3D Printing Academy (e-learning modules)
- A global network of service partners (setup and training)
The Widest Material Choice on the Market
Choosing the right material is critical to the success of your 3D print. UltiMaker's open filament system lets you print with any 2.85 mm filament, and print profiles from the UltiMaker Marketplace streamline print preparation and maximize your print success rate.
Ultimaker Product Number: 218252