PA (Polyamide) is an engineering plastic, characterised by its great resistance to impact and able to work continuously at a temperature of up to 120 ºC for an extended period of time. Thanks to characteristics like durability, flexibility and resistance to corrosion, Nylon is ideal for multiple applications in the 3D printing field, like end-use parts or custom jigs and fixtures.
Its semi-flexible behaviour derives from a semicrystalline structure, which impart strength and durability, best suited for the most demanding technical applications. A low coefficient of friction allows for a short-term use in contact with moving parts.
Compatibility: Find out the BCN3D printers and filaments compatibility
Enable Raft support: To prevent chipping the printing surface.
- Strong and flexible parts
- Structural components exposed to a harsh environment
- Parts demanding high fatigue endurance
- Bearings, nuts, rivets, washers and gears
- Cams, rollers, snap-fit joints and sliding components
- Plugs, connectors, jigs and fixtures
- Electronic covers and tool handles
Industrial-grade materials manufactured by BASF and Mitsubishi Chemical and designed to deliver outstanding results for BCN3D printers.
High-performance material with flexible applications
PA is a technical and competent material with an excellent impact strength and elongation at break. However, all this impact strength is compensated by a low level of stiffness that allows flexible applications.
How to Print
220° C - 250° C
Min. layer height
For BCN3D Stratos users:
Get a proper printing profile for PA using the ones integrated into the BCN3D Stratos.
To ensure good bed adhesion use Magigoo.
- Store it in an airtight container with desiccant.
- Dry filament before printing.Place it in an oven or in a dehydrator at 50ºC for 6 to 8 hours
- Enclosure is required for BCN3D Sigma and Sigmax printers.
High resistance to wear
PA is ideal for assembling moving parts, thanks to its low coefficient of friction and durability.
High fatigue resistance
PA is ideal for strong and flexible parts subject to cyclic loads that require high fatigue resistance.
Product design end-use parts
PA provided the high fatigue endurance, durability, and exceptional impact resistance needed for this protector for the fork guard front.