Designed for Rigid & Flexible Materials and Improved Cooling Capacity
The LGX ACE Copperhead Hotend is a special short filament path hotend, co-developed by Bondtech and Slice Engineering. It was developed to be used with the Bondtech LGX Large Gears eXtruder.
The LGX ACE Copperhead features Slice Engineering's bi-metallic heat-break technology and copper hot block for improved thermal performance.
Pairing the LGX ACE Copperhead with the LGX eXtruder forms a print head that will excel in printing ALL of the most common materials - especially soft and flexible 3D printer filaments.
The LGX ACE Copperhead Hotend only supports 1.75mm filament.
No extruder, heater, or thermistors are included.
- Easy to cool down and install
- Allows higher volumetric flow rate
- Supports rigid, flexible, and soft materials
- Prints flexible and soft materials faster
- Forms a small and light printhead
Engineered to Give More Flow
During the long months of deep testing that preceded the launch of the LGX CHT nozzles, Bondtech discovered that shortening the post-drive filament path generates increased volumetric flow rate capacity. Similar to the Bondtech LGX Shortcut Copperhead Hotend, the LGX ACE Copperhead delivers that same increase when compared to the full Slice Engineering Copperhead™ Hotend.
Designed to be Cooler
The LGX ACE Copperhead Hotend features a monolithic air-cooled cold block and heat sink, designed and manufactured by Bondtech, that engages with the LGX extruder using its interface plug and rests at the front of the extruder. The heat sink includes the hole pattern for attaching 40×40 fans. Bondtech's tests suggest a 4010 fan is enough to cool down the cold block and the cold zone of the heat break, due to the monolithic design of the cold block and heat sink that increases heat transmission and dissipation.
- 1x LGX Black Anodized Aluminum Monolithic Cold Block and Heat Sink
- 1x Copperhead LGX Heat Break
- 1x Copperhead Hot Block
- 1x Bondtech M6x1x7.5 Coated Brass Nozzle 0.4mm
- 1x Silver Based Thermal Paste Sachet 0.5g
The LGX ACE Copperhead Hotend is not compatible with the following items:
- 3DSolex Matchless 1.75mm nozzles
The hot block included in this product is compatible with the RepRap standard of nozzles. Below is a list of compatible versions.
- Bondtech Standard Brass
- Bondtech Standard Coated Brass
- Bondtech CHT Coated Brass
- Slice Engineering Vanadium™ Nozzle
- Slice Engineering Bridgemaster Nozzle
- Cold Block/Heat Sink Material: Anodized Aluminum
- Copperhead LGX Heat Break Materials: Steel tube; Copper body; W2S (Tungsten Disulfide) coating
- Copperhead Hot Block Materials: Copper body; Nickel plating
- Max operating (nozzle) temperature: 450°C
- Max tightening torque on the extruder screws: 0.3 Nm
- Max tightening torque on the heatsink/cold block screw: 0.6 Nm
- Net weight: 52 g
- Package measurements: 80x103x73 mm
- Package weight: 92.5 g
STEP Files for Download
Click the button below to download the dummy geometry STEP file.