Designed with Flexible Materials in Mind
The LGX Shortcut Copperhead is a special hotend designed to be used with the Bondtech LGX Large Gears eXtruder.
The Bondtech LGX Shortcut Copperhead's main feature is a 27mm shorter filament path than the standard screw mount Slice Engineering Copperhead™ Hotend.
Pairing the LGX Shortcut Copperhead with the LGX eXtruder forms a printhead that will excel in printing ALL of the most common materials - especially soft and flexible 3D printer filaments.
Looking for the Bondtech LGX Shortcut Copperhead Printhead?
The LGX Shortcut Copperhead Hotend only supports 1.75mm filament.
No extruder, heater, or thermistors are included.
- Gives access to softer materials
- Enables you to print flexible and soft materials faster
- Keeps the print-head small and light
- Allows mounting in many different ways
Designed to be Flexible
The LGX Shortcut Copperhead Hotend includes a reversible heat sink that can be installed on the left or right hand side of the cold block. The heat sink also includes the hole pattern for attaching 40×40 fans.
Cooling Down the Heat Break
Bondtech's tests suggest a 4010 fan is enough to cool down the cold block and the cold zone of the heat break, even with such small contact surface to the heat sink. In case you have an application where additional cooling is required, try using a 4020 fan or 2 LGX heat sinks, one on each side.
- 1x LGX Black Anodized Aluminum Heat Sink
- 1x LGX Black Anodized Aluminum Air Cooled Cold Block
- 1x LGX Air-cooled Cold Block Mounting Hardware
- 1x Copperhead LGX Heat Break
- 1x Copperhead Hot Block
- 1x Bondtech M6x1x7.5 Coated Brass Nozzle 0.4mm
- 1x Silver Based Thermal Paste Sachet 0.5g
The Bondtech LGX Shortcut Copperhead Hotend is not compatible with the following items:
- 3DSolex Matchless 1.75mm nozzles
The hot block included in this product is compatible with the RepRap standard of nozzles. Below is a list of compatible versions.
- Cold Block/Heat Sink Material: Anodized Aluminum
- Copperhead Hot Block Materials: Steel tube; Copper body; Nickel plating
- Max operating (nozzle) temperature: 450°C
- Max tightening torque on the extruder screws: 0.3 Nm
- Max tightening torque on the heatsink/cold block screw: 0.6 Nm
- Net weight: 55.5 g
- Package measurements: 80x103x73 mm
- Package weight: 96 g
STEP Files for Download
Click the buttons below to download the dummy geometry STEP files.