Lulzbot TAZ Sidekick 289
3D Printing Made Easy!
The Lulzbot TAZ Sidekick 289 & the Lulzbot Sidekick 747 3D Printer are a faster and simpler way to print. The TAZ Sidekick 289 is a plug-and-play, out of the box ready, 3D printer that is an essential tool for every hobbyist, teacher, and professional user. Made in the USA, you know that you are getting a quality 3D printer with great state-side support from directly from Lulzbot.
Ready Out of the Box
The Lulzbot Sidekick is not a printer kit. All you need to do is pull it out of the box, tighten a few thumb screws (No tools necessary) and start printing! With the Sidekick, Lulzbot really focuses on making your printing experience as quick and simple as possible. Even switching toolheads is faster and easier when you don't have to find a set of allen wrenches. Even better, if you do run into a problem with your 3D printer, Lulzbot is a US-based company headquartered in Fargo, North Dakota that offers full-time customer support.
TAZ Sidekick 283 Technical Specifications
- Printing Technology: FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)
- Assembly Level: Fully Assembled
- Print Volume (XYZ): 162 x 162 x 181mm (6⅜" x 6⅜" x 7⅛")
- Operating Footprint (WxL): 22" x 25"
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm or 2.85mm*
- Resolution (XYZ): 10µ x 10µ x <5µ*
- Max Hotend Temperature: 290°C
- Supported Materials: Open filament system
- Compatible Materials: PLA, ABS, PETG, TPU, Nylon, HIPS, Polycarbonate, Natural & Metal PLA Blends, nGen, INOVA-1800, HT, t-glase, Alloy 910, Nylon 645, PC-Max, PC+PBT, PC-ABS Alloy, PCTPE, and more*
- Ambient Operating Temperature: 5°C - 45°C (41°F - 113°F)
- Max Print Bed Temperature: 120°C (248°F)
- Print Surface: Borosilicate Glass with PEI surface or Octograb™ Removable Magnetic Bed
- Auto-Bed Levelling: Genuine ANTCLABS BLTouch ®
- Firmware: Marlin
- Supported File Types: .stl, .obj, .x3d, .3mf, .png, .jpg
- Connectivity: USB Serial and Included 8gb SD Card
- Recommended Software: Cura LulzBot Edition - Version 3.6.25 or newer
- Operating System Compatibilty: Windows, GNU/Linux
- Net Weight: 18.92 lbs. (depending on add-on selection)
- Power: Single Phase, 100VAC - 240VAC, 50/60Hz (Auto-switching MEAN WELL RSP-150-24, 24VDC, 150W, 21A)
- Warranty: Includes one-year factory warranty (Optional one, two, and three-year extended warranties available)
- Country of Origin: United States of America
* Depending on toolhead & nozzle
The Lulzbot TAZ Sidekick 289 is a modular 3D printer, but the base model comes with everything you need to get started printing. The TAZ Sidekick 289 comes with everything you see below, but there are tons of upgrades available for purchase as well. This gives you the ability to only pay for exactly what you need.
- 1x TAZ Sidekick 289 Printer Frame (Black)
- 1x TAZ Sidekick 289 Y-Axis Frame (Black)
- 1x SK175 Toolhead with 0.50mm Brass Nozzle
- 1x Borosilicate Glass with PEI surface Build Plate
- 1x gLCD Screen
- 1x Filament Guide Tube
- 1x USB Cable
- 1x SD Card
- 1x Filament Sample
- 1x Allen Key Set
- 1x Small Items Bag
"The system is as sturdy as they come, the automatic leveling delivers, and the incredible array of configurable options allow for a highly individualized 3D printing experience – all without breaking the bank. Additionally, having the option to download and 3D print many of the smaller components of the machine can really extend its service life, which is much appreciated in an era of planned obsolescence."
Read the full article here. >>
- 3D Printing Industry
"Don't let the name fool you- the SideKick packs plenty of punch, and is a hero in it's own right! There are many of quality-of-life features to enjoy on this printer, including auto bed leveling, easy belt tensioning, folding for transport, and compatibility with LulzBot Tool Heads. This printer has a very premium feel and will make for a great companion to any maker space or print farm!"
- Greg, Greg's Maker Corner
"The TAZ SideKick is the printer every maker space / classroom has been asking wanting for some time now. It's such an affordable and easy to use machine that performs like a pro with the same quality and support as the entire LulzBot line up. This printer is the perfect SideKick for any teacher, student, maker, or tinkerer alike who wants endless versatility and performance out of their new favorite tool!"
- Jason Erdreich, K-12 Engineering Educator
"Impressed would be an understatement. As a content creator and maker I work with many different 3D printers and additive manufacturing technologies. When I had to make the tough decision to choose one printer as my “Work From Home” printer the choice was clear: the TAZ SideKick. It is reliable, has a small foot print, and provides amazing print quality without making much noise at all."
- Thomas, 3DPrintingGuru
Manufacturer's Part Number: KT-PR0057