Designed for Rigid & Flexible Materials with High Flow & Improved Cooling Capacity
The LGX ACE Magnum+ Hotend is a special short filament path hotend, co-developed by Bondtech and Slice Engineering. It was developed to be used with the Bondtech LGX Large Gears eXtruder.
The LGX ACE Magnum+ features Slice Engineering's Mosquito Magnum+ bi-metallic heat-break technology and Copper industrial grade hot block for improved thermal performance and melt flow capacity.
Pairing the LGX ACE Magnum+ with the LGX eXtruder forms an industrial grade print head that will excel in printing ALL of the most common materials - especially soft and flexible 3D printer filaments.
The LGX ACE Magnum+ Hotend only supports 1.75mm filament.
No extruder, heater, or thermistors are included.
- Enables industrial level volumetric flow rates
- Robust, high-flow hotend
- Supports rigid, flexible, and soft materials
- Prints flexible and soft materials faster
- Allows for one-handed nozzle changes
Engineered to Give More Flow
During the long months of deep testing that preceded the launch of the LGX CHT nozzles, Bondtech discovered that shortening the post-drive filament path generates increased volumetric flow rate capacity. Similar to the Bondtech LGX ACE Mosquito Hotend, the LGX ACE Magnum+ delivers that same increase when compared to the full Slice Engineering Mosquito® Magnum+ Hotend.
Designed to be Cooler
The LGX ACE Magnum+ Hotend features a monolithic air-cooled cold block and heat sink, designed and manufactured by Bondtech, that engages with the LGX extruder using its interface plug and rests at the front of the extruder. The heat sink includes the hole pattern for attaching 40×40 fans. Bondtech's tests suggest a 4010 fan is enough to cool down the cold block and the cold zone of the heat break, due to the monolithic design of the cold block and heat sink that increases heat transmission and dissipation.
Because it is necessary to disassemble the hotend to install the heater(s) and thermistor(s), this hotend is supplied as a set of parts.
- 1x LGX Black Anodized Aluminum Monolithic Cold Block and Heat Sink
- 1x Magnum+ LGX Heat Break
- 1x Magnum+ Hot Block
- 1x Bondtech M6x1x7.5 Coated Brass Nozzle 0.4mm
- 1x Boron Nitride Paste 5ml syringe
- 1x Arctic MX-4 Thermal Compound 2g syringe
- Mounting hardware:
- 4x 14.5mm Steel stand-offs
- 2x M1.5x16mm screws
- 2x M2 washers
- x M2.5×4 mm Screw with washer
The LGX ACE Magnum+ Hotend is not compatible with the following items:
- 3DSolex Matchless 1.75mm nozzles
The hot block included in this product is compatible with the RepRap standard of nozzles. Below is a list of compatible versions.
- Cold Block/Heat Sink Material: Anodized Aluminum
- Magnum+ Heat Break Materials: Steel tube; Copper body; W2S (Tungsten Disulfide) coating
- Magnum+ Hot Block Materials: Copper body; Nickel plating
- Max operating (nozzle) temperature: 450°C
- Max tightening torque on the extruder screws: 0.3 Nm
- Max tightening torque on the heatsink/cold block screw: 0.6 Nm
- Net weight: 95.5 g
- Package measurements: 80x103x73 mm
- Package weight: 135.5 g
STEP Files for Download
Click the button below to download the dummy geometry STEP file.