Designed with Flexible Materials in Mind
The LGX Shortcut Mosquito is a special hotend designed to be used with the Bondtech LGX Large Gears eXtruder.
The Bondtech LGX Shortcut Mosquito's main feature is a 23mm shorter filament path than the standard Slice Engineering Mosquito® Hotend.
Pairing the LGX Shortcut Mosquito with the LGX eXtruder forms a printhead that will excel in printing ALL of the most common materials - especially soft and flexible 3D printer filaments.
Looking for the Bondtech LGX Shortcut Mosquito Printhead?
The LGX Shortcut Mosquito Hotend only supports 1.75mm filament.
No extruder, heater, or thermistors are included.
- Robust hotend
- One hand nozzle swap
- Gives better access to softer materials
- Enables you to print flexible and soft materials faster
- Keeps the print-head small and light
- Allows mounting in many different ways
Designed to be Flexible
The LGX Shortcut Mosquito Hotend includes a reversible heat sink that can be installed on the left or right hand side of the cold block. The heat sink also includes the hole pattern for attaching 40×40 fans.
Cooling Down the Heat Break
Bondtech's tests suggest a 4010 fan is enough to cool down the cold block and the cold zone of the heat break, even with such small contact surface to the heat sink. In case you have an application where additional cooling is required, try using a 4020 fan or 2 LGX heat sinks, one on each side.
- 1x LGX Black Anodized Aluminum Heat Sink
- 1x LGX Black Anodized Aluminum Air Cooled Cold Block
- 1x LGX Air-cooled Cold Block Mounting Hardware
- 1x Mosquito Hotend (Conduct Version, without heatsink)
- 1x Bondtech M6x1x7.5 Coated Brass Nozzle 0.4mm
- 1x Silver Based Thermal Paste Sachet 0.5g
The Bondtech LGX Shortcut Mosquito Hotend is not compatible with the following items:
- 3DSolex Matchless 1.75mm nozzles
The hot block included in this product is compatible with the RepRap standard of nozzles. Below is a list of compatible versions.
- Cold Block/Heat Sink Material: Anodized Aluminum
- Mosquito Hot Block Materials: Steel tube; Copper body; Nickel plating
- Max operating (nozzle) temperature: 450°C
- Max tightening torque on the extruder screws: 0.3 Nm
- Max tightening torque on the heatsink/cold block screw: 0.6 Nm
- Net weight: 61 g
- Package measurements: 80x103x73 mm
- Package weight: 105 g