Home / XStrand™ GF30-PP Filament - Black 2.85mm (2.2kg)
Your product's name
CUSTOM CMS BLOCK
Add customer reviews and testimonials to showcase your store’s happy customers.
Features and Benefits:
- Materials designed for functional prototyping and industrial applications
- Engineered reinforced plastics
- Very stiff and strong
- Large operational temperature range: -20 ˚C to 120 ˚C
- Good chemical and UV resistance
- Excellent layer adhesion and reduced warping effect compare to neat materials
- XSTRAND™ filaments are designed to be compatible with most of open fused filament fabrication 3D printers available on the market.
- Hardened steel nozzle is highly recommended to print XSTRAND™. When melted, XSTRAND™ filament can be abrasive due to its glass reinforcement. Using hardened steel nozzles and extruder driving wheels is advised. Hardened steel nozzles can be found at
Bed components are recommended as follows:
If printing on a glass bed use one of the following:
- Use reinforced strapping packaging tape on the bed (e.g. Scotch Extreme Tape), with bed temperature around 30-50˚C
- or Use Wolfbite Ultra for polypropylene from Airwolf
- A high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plate as printing surface, instead of glass plate for example, is highly recommended. Bed temperature at 30-50˚C. It’s better if the HDPE bed is thicker (thickness of 1/4’’ to 3/8’’). First layer width of 130% and height of 75% are recommended too.
- Or use a perforated bed (such as the one on Zortrax machines). For Zortrax machines, use default ABS setting.
- For large flat surface, a raft is required to reduce warping. 5-8mm raft offset and airgap 0.16 – 0.18 are recommended.
- Nozzle temperature: 220 – 280 ̊C
- Bed temperature: 80-110 ̊C
- Nozzle diameter: >0.4mm
About Owens Corning:
- A world leader in glass fiber composite
- More than 500 researchers in five R&D centers
- $5.7 billion sales (2016)
- 17,000 employees in 33 countries