Home / Ultimaker Tough PLA Filament - Red 2.85mm (750g)
Your product's name
CUSTOM CMS BLOCK
Add customer reviews and testimonials to showcase your store’s happy customers.
Ultimaker Tough PLA
Ultimaker Tough PLA is a technical PLA (polylactic acid) material with toughness similar to ABS. Ideal for reliably printing functional prototypes and tooling at larger sizes, our Tough PLA offers the same safe and easy use as regular PLA.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker Tough PLA
- Impact strength similar to ABS, greater than regular PLA
- Higher stiffness compared with ABS
- Less brittle than regular PLA
- Gives a more matte surface finish quality than our normal PLA
- Suitable for post-processing with improved machinability compared to regular PLA
- More reliable than ABS for larger prints, with no delamination or warping
- Compatible with Ultimaker support materials (PVA and Breakaway) giving full geometric freedom when designing parts
Tough enough to use
Tough PLA’s impact strength is much closer to ABS than regular PLA, so you can print parts for practical applications with heat resistance up to 60 ˚C.
Optimized for large prints
When you need toughness in large models, Tough PLA is an easy-to-print and reliable material – ideal for 3D printing with the Ultimaker S5’s bigger build volume.
Achieve complex geometries
Designs with intricate curves, fine details, and overhangs can be easily printed with Tough PLA, especially when combined with our water-soluble PVA support.