UltiMaker PP (polypropylene) is durable. It has high toughness, exceptional fatigue resistance, and low friction. It also has good chemical, temperature, and electrical resistance. PP is one of the most widely used plastics on the planet. From electrical components to living hinges, PP is the go-to material for prototyping and end-use products.
Reasons to choose UltiMaker PP
- PP is popular worldwide with engineers and manufacturers for a wide variety of applications.
- Durable with high toughness and fatigue resistance (PP retains its shape after torsion, bending, and/or flexing)
- Low friction and smooth surfaces
- Chemical resistance to a wide range of bases and acids, including industrial cleaning agents
- High electrical resistance makes it a good electrical insulator
- Low density resulting in lightweight parts (high strength-to-weight ratio)
- Excellent layer bonding
- Adequate build plate adhesion and low warping when using adhesion sheets supplied in our Advanced 3D Printing Kit
- Recyclable, for low environmental impact
UltiMaker Product Number: 1785