Ultimaker CPE Family | Chemical resistant and tough
CPE materials are chemical resistant, tough, and dimensionally stable. CPE+ handles temperatures up to 100℃.
CPE (co-polyester) materials are chemical resistant, tough, and demonstrate good dimensional stability. It is a preferred choice for both functional prototypes and mechanical parts. While both CPE and CPE+ provide similar performance characteristics, CPE+ provides the added benefit of higher temperature resistance and increased impact strength.
Reasons to choose Ultimaker CPE Family
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Excellent toughness and dimensional stability
- Good inter-layer adhesion, especially when using the Advanced Printing Kit
- Low levels of ultrafine particles (UFPs) and volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Ideal for short run manufacturing and functional prototypes
- Transparent filament option available
Differences between Ultimaker CPE and CPE+
- CPE is available in a wide range of colors to choose from, including grayscale for more professional looking models
- CPE’s tensile and flexural strength are higher, whilst CPE+ is formulated to be up to 10 times tougher
- CPE+ features a temperature resistance of up to 100℃, while CPE is only resistant up to 70℃
- CPE has a better build plate adhesion than CPE+, but this can be helped by using the adhesion stickers supplied in the Advanced 3D Printing Kit
Ultimaker Product Number: 1644