Ultrafuse® TPU 64D - Black
The hardest elastomer in BASF Forward AM’s flexible product line
Ultrafuse® TPU 64D is the hardest elastomer in BASF Forward AM’s flexible product line. The material shows a relatively high rigidity while maintaining a certain flexibility.
This filament is the perfect match for industrial applications requiring rigid parts being resistant to impact, wear and tear. Due to its property profile, the material can be used as an alternative for parts made from ABS and rubbers.
Ultrafuse® TPU 64D combines the best of two worlds by being a strong yet flexible filament for Fused Filament Fabrication, suitable for all FFF technologies. Building on BASF‘s decades of experience in flexible materials, this material is based on the established thermoplastic polyurethane Elastollan, standing for maximum reliability, consistent product quality and cost efficiency. Ultrafuse® TPU 64D is easily compatible with water soluble support. Thanks to its property profile, Ultrafuse® TPU 64D presents an excellent alternative to rubber and ABS for the manufacturing of tools, jigs and fixtures.
Ultrafuse® TPU 64D is easy to print on direct drive and bowden style printers and is compatible with soluble BVOH support to realize the most complex geometries.
Benefits at a Glance
- High resistance to oils, greases, oxygen and ozone
- High wear and abrasion resistance
- High impact resistance
- Compatible with water soluble support
- Printable on direct drive and bowden style printers
- Functional flexible parts
- Wear and tear application
- Tooling, jigs and fixtures
- Shore D Hardness: 58
- Abrasion Resistance: 43mm3
- Compression set at 23°C, 72h: 25%
- Stress at Break: 37 MPa (XY), 19 MPa (ZX)
- Elongation at Break: 399 % (XY), 115% (ZX)
- Tear Strength: 66 kN/m (XY), 37 kN/m (XZ), 79 kN/m (ZX)
- Nozzle Temperature: 230-255 °C
- Bed Temperature: 40°C - 60°C
- Bed Material: Glass
- Nozzle Diameter: ≥ 0.4 mm
- Print Speed: 30-60 mm / s